Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Color of Love





http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4035/4486802064_97d055fca7_o.jpgDid this ever happen to you that you walk inside a bookstore and right away see that perfect book that was waiting for you for so long? You open it and your heart starts beating with so much excitement while your eyes dance through the pages. This is what happened to me yesterday, after a long day I decided to have a walk. I live very close to a very nice street fool of cafe shops, bookstores and restaurants. While I was walking, I could feel that something so beautiful is waiting for me. I went inside a bookstore (it is a very special bookstore as initially it was built as a theater and only few years ago it has been slightly redesigned as a bookstore but the stage and balconies have been kept as they were.)


http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51395DERVWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
The moment I entered, my eyes fell on that special book called: The Color of Love. I was so amazed by the title of this book as Love is something so precious to me, something so deep, something so special that I try to express in all my illustrations and paintings. This book was filled with beautiful poems by various famous poets and writers such as: Rumi, Solomon, Shakespeare and many others. All the poems were describing love in a different way and the text was written by hand with a gold paint. I think that by getting this book, I've been moved to a higher level of creativity. Something so deep inside of me is happening, I don't know if it's the early stage of inspiration or a deep longing to express love. We'll see. I feel that I've been painting so many illustrations on the theme of love and now I'm at this point when I am overwhelmed with love. I feel love everywhere around me, everywhere I turn, I feel love. 


I really liked this poem in this book by Rumi:

Happy the moment when we are seated in the palace, thou and I,
With two forms and with two figures but with one soul, thou and I.
The colours of the grove and the voice of the birds will bestow immortality
At the time when we come into the garden, thou and I.
The stars of heaven will come to gaze upon us; We shall know them the moon itself, thou and I. Thou and I, individuals no more, shall be mingled in ectasy, Joyful, and secure from foolish babble, thou and I.
All the bright-plumed birds of heaven will devour their hearts with envy
In the place where we shall laugh in such a fashion, thou and I.
This is the greatest wonder, that thou and I, sitting here in the same nook,
Are at this moment both in Persia and Khorasan, thou and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment